Sunday, March 26, 2006

Making a Difference in Boxing


Now that my school year is winding down, I am excited about getting more and more involved with amateur boxing. Adriano and I began our judging training last weekend at the Golden Gloves tournament and I really enjoyed it. Today, we are going to officiate at Johnny Tocco's which should be fun. Hopefully the weather will be nice today as the fights will be outside. I also wrote and submitted a grant through the Nevada Community Foundation. There were a lot of other applicants so I don't know that we will get it, but we have to start somewhere. I've decided I'm going to try to find and write one grant per week. I also want to do the Nonprofit certificate program through UNLV educational outreach. There's a lot I need to understand about running a nonprofit in order to make it successful. Then this summer, I will get more involved with coaching. It will be nice to give back to Leroy and to help the kids of North Las Vegas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home